There have been several items of interest posted over the last 5 days. Nothing too groundbreaking but if you want to make sure you are as current as possible, here is your Tuesday reading and listening material.
NHL to Seattle News:
- Craig Custance, Senior writer from ESPN the Magazine wrote this fair and balanced article on his trip to Seattle.
- Paul Rogers from our good friends at Sonics Rising then followed up with Craig to record this podcast to get a little more insight on Craig’s overall impressions.
- Seattle Times, Geoff Baker shared his thoughts KJR last week with the news that he broke on the 3 arena options.
- King 5 reporter, Chris Daniels, jumped on KJR yesterday afternoon to talk some Seattle NHL and Arena news.
Broader news on NHL expansion:
- In a little broader news, the Financial Post had this article on the impacts of the low Canadian Dollar on potential NHL Expansion.
- Las Vegas NHL Season ticket drive hits 7000 deposits. Tough to say if this is good or bad for Vegas but the momentum has certainly slowed since they hit 5000 in 24 hours.
Lastly, the two teams I put together for the RMHC hockey challenge raised over $40,000 for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington. Big thanks to the Seattle Thunderbirds, players/fundraisers and all you great people that helped the cause.